My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Depths

Ok. I have to admit this. I am employed at ...............McDonald's. 7 years of school, one advanced degree, and 40 years old. Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order? Would you like fries with that? This having no money thing is getting old fast. This was a quick way to get hired and get started making money. I have loads of resumes out to everyone. About 50 in the last 2 months. Unfortunately teachers are a dime a dozen here in Louisville and there aren't that many jobs available. JCPS personnel must get tired of my phone calls but I have to keep trying. In the meantime you can come visit me at McDonald's everyday. Just don't make fun of the old lady behind the counter. :0

I read a friend's blog today. She is a SAHM to a 4 year old. She posted about being stressed out. I am convinced that stress is a permanent condition. Somewhat like breathing. I don't know anyone who isn't stressed. Of course some stress is "easier" than other stress. Getting dinnner on the table or doing homework with an 8 year old and 3 5 year olds is stressful. But not in the same vain as losing an Uncle. But over time all that stress builds up and you start to feel the effects. Loss of sleep, weight (hopefully, :) ), getting sick. Stress takes it's toll. I told Megan today that it is time for some really GOOD things to happen. I am so over the bad stuff. I have had my fill of the bad stuff. Enough, God. I give. I am ready for the good stuff to come. I've waited patiently and I think it is my turn. On a scale of 1-10 I have lived a lifetime of 3s. I'm ready for some 8s, 9s, and 10s. I'm not asking for all 10s. Just one or two now and again. Seriously, ( sorry Grey's Anatomy I am stealing your word) just how much bad can someone take? And my favorite phrase: I know that God doesn't give you anymore than you can handle, I just wish God didn't think I could handle so much.

So here's to everyone that lives a life of 3s. Hold your chin up. It will get better. I know it will. And when it does get better let's remember what if feels like to live through a 1 or 2 and be forever greatful and appreciative and thankful that a few 9s and 10s have fallen our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((((Kristina))) I'm sorry about your uncle. Joey is named after my dear Uncle Joe, whom I was very very close to. He was always rooting for me to have a child and when I finally did, I just HAD to name him after him. He passed away 8 years ago next month, almost 4 years to the day before Joey was born. I know he would be so proud of him and would have loved him so much. I really miss him :*(

I am sorry you are so stressed also. Kind of puts things in perspective for me. Being a single mom of 4 kids must be so difficult. I only have one and I feel stressed at times.

Have you had any experience with autistic kids in your teaching career? Joey had a great teacher last year who did have much experience. His current teacher does not, but she is working really hard to make adaptations for him and to give him extra attention. It is tough at times but he is so worth it. He is amazingly smart. I am incredibly proud of him :-)
Take care.