My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Girls Rock!!!

The girls were fantastic today!! They cleaned up the living room twice, cleaned their own room, helped set the table, brushed teeth, got jamas on, and did everything with no nagging from me. I could hardly believe it! Only Brigie got movie night last Friday. She was the only one who did not crawl into my bed during the week. The other girls were so upset that she got to sit up with me, watch a movie, and have a snack that they are working extra hard this week to earn movie night this Friday. I am so proud of them. Last week was one of those weeks where I feel like I am failing as a parent. It was really rough. And this week makes me realize that this family is working really well. Things I am teaching them are actually getting through.

Abby, Brigie, and Caroline are so excited about going to see their new school tomorrow. They have been planning all day what next Monday will be like. They get to bring their lunches and take naps there. There will only be 5 kids in the class and 3 of them are mine but that's ok. lol There is a website for the school: www.thevanguardacademy.com You can check it out but it is still really rough and as soon as the kids get into the school more then the pictures will change. The newspaper is coming out next week to take pictures and do a story. I hope the girls end up in it!!

On a much yuckier note, I had to go to LIHEAP today. They are a federal program that helps pay utilities. And as much as I hated it I actually went and got help with 1/2 of the electric bill. My bill was HUGE this month and I just couldn't do it. I went for help last month too. I HATE going. I feel so awful sitting there waiting for help. I hope and pray that this will be the LAST time I have to get help ever again. I always used to say that I would never need that kind of help. I couldn't understand how people needed that kind of help. And now I do. While sitting in the waiting room someone from one of those 2 year colleges came in and passed out info about going to college. She came up to me and asked if I wanted info. I quietly said no thank you. And just wanted to hang my head low. I have a frickin' M.Ed. and I am sitting in a waiting room of a federal program trying to get help. But I won't apologize for getting help. I would do whatever it takes to provide for the girls. I'm just going to keep on going and know that this too shall pass. One day I will be able to look at the last few years and think, "Wow. I made it. I survived."

I also had to borrow $25 from my brother, Erik. I need a TB test before I can start on Monday. I have $4. Thankfully Erik is loaning it to me so I can start work. I feel like the little engine that could. I just keep going up that hill. But damn. This is one looonnggg hill! :)

No comments: