My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

She's Not Catholic

I took the girls with me on Thursday to run some errands. I am finding that during these errands Abby is living up to her image as the social one of the group. We went to 4C's to get help with childcare costs so I can start work on Monday. (Yea me!) Out in the lobby 4C's was having a bake sale/fundraiser. I promised the girls that when we were done with our appointment they could each get one thing. By the time we got out all the stuf for sale was marked down to $00.25. One of the ladies asked what the girls' names were. Abby said, "I am Abby, this is Brigie, and that is Caroline." Well done. Next was the usual question of how old are you. Abby said, "We are four." I love that she says "we". Then Abby went on to say, "We have a Megan too. She is 7. And we have an Aunt Lisa but she is not Catholic." I loved it! I don't know exactly why that came up in conversation but apparently to Abby that is a big deal.

We also went to Family Literacy Night at Field on Friday night. It was fun. The girls came in their pajamas and we had free! pizza and did a book swap. I must admit that I was a little disappointed. I helped start Literacy Night. It was myself, the librarian, and the family resource center coordinator. We spent a lot of time putting it together. Last night ran pretty much the same as the one we first put together. Only on the first one we had over 200 people show up. It was a madhouse. The FRC Coor. and I were both about 5 months pregnant. Me with the trips and she with one. We did not get done with the night until almost 10 p.m. The librarian and I were in the library with about 50 kids 2 and younger. We had a speaker from the National Center for Family Literacy. It was an amazing night. The only problem with it was that I was so sick after working that night that I ended up having to leave work at 18 weeks for bedrest. So I was a little bit disappointed that it looked like at most 50 people were there. I've been talked into helping on the PTA board for next year as the Vice-President of Programs. So I basically am in charge of organizing several activities. My goal for next year is to try and get attendance up at some of these things. Wish me luck.

That's all from this corner today. I did talk to the mortgage company on Thursday and I am supposed to call the mortgage company on Monday to see if they are willing to accept the deal I am trying to work out with them. It is a lot easier to work things out now that I have a job! Keep praying. All the prayers are working and helping tremendously!

No comments: