My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving yesterday for the girls. They go with their Dad this year for Thanksgiving. So Lisa (Aunt Weesa) cooked Thanksgiving dinner for us. It was delicious!! They girls enjoyed it. I think they liked all the choices of food available. And I made hot chocolate with marshmallows, cinnamon, nutmeg, whip cream and a candy cane to stir it with. Yum!

Now I'm back at the library on my weekly Monday morning job hunt. I sooooo don't want to go back to McDonald's. Oh you ask. What happened to Tiny Tots? There had been a snafu in childcare for the girls for before and after school. Before I started my job on Monday I went to their school's YMCA program to start them there. I was told that they couldn't start until Wednesday. So I drove to work and told them that I would need to leave by 3:30 on both Monday and Tuesday but after that childcare would not be an issue. I preceded to get YELLED at by the owner who told me this was a job not a charity. That what I needed was to get back with my ex-husband and be a stay-at-home Mom. That nobody could be that unlucky to have both parents be dead. That I should take the child support money that everybody knows I get and use it to hire a nanny to watch the kids. And that I needed to provide WRITTEN proof that I had hired a nanny before I could start work. So I walked out of her office in tears and went to talk to the pastoral minister at our church. Keep in mind that this was at a daycare. I was humiliated and angry at the same time. Surely finding a decent job can't be this hard! I am frustrated because I WANT to work. I am NOT a lazy person. I can't believe that at every job interview I am always asked the same thing: who watches the kids when they get sick? I do. I do. I do. No, the girls' Dad will not help. Yes, both parents are dead. No my brother can't help because he has 4 kids and he and his wife work full-time. No, my sister can't help because she needs to work. Does this happen to every single Mom? Every single Dad? Ugh!!!! I'm tired of complaining too!! I just want a job. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: