My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yard Sale Hell

So I had a yard sale today. In the rain. In the low 40s. In the garage. We made about $200. Not bad but it could have been lots better. I would have loved to put everything in the driveway and front yard but with the rain it wasn't possible. I met some great people. One of whom owns an antique store in Middletown. She was so sweet. She came in and appraised some antique furniture pieces for me as a bonus. So now I will turn to Craigslist to get the rest sold. I'm trying to come up with the deposit for the townhome we are trying to get into. I keep looking at all the stuff I own. It really is just stuff and I know that. But it seems almost overwhelming to get rid of so much. Really I would like to just get a big dumpster but that's not happening. I may just freecycle the rest. Donate it and go. I promised to get the girls room picked up this weekend as well. They are with their Dad this weekend. Hopefully Lisa and I can get a bunch of stuff organized. I know this move will be good for us. It will relieve so much stress that is involved with keeping a house maintained. And no more yard work. That really is a big deal. I save over two hours a week alone because I don't have to mow that gigantic yard. I hope to be in the new apartment by Christmas so that we can decorate for the holidays. I did promise the girls that I would paint their bedroom. That is the treat they get for having to move. And they all 4 must decide on the color together. How funny is that going to be?! Actually they are excited because they will get the master bedroom that has a half bathroom in it. And they get a big walk in closet that has a built in bench seat in it. I told them we could turn that part of the closet into a booknook and they loved the idea. And of course all I had to say was "pool" and that sold the townhome!! And I like that it is in St. Matthews. My favorite part of town. Closer to school for the girls.

Keep your fingers crossed for Lisa. She is applying for a 3rd shift job at Wal-Mart in St. Matthews as well. It is actually the grocery store. It's full-time with benefits. Life will be so much better for her if she gets it.

Not much else here going on. Well, really there is a LOT going on. But in my crazy life this is actually small potatoes!! And it really wouldn't be me and my life if it wasn't crazy and busy. I start my new job on Monday. And I'm looking for a part-time job for the weekends when the girls are with their Dad and for the extra day off I get during the week. By the way it is 4 10-hour days. I get one day a week off. And PAID HOLIDAYS!!!!!! And we are closed for Thanksgiving AND the day after. Wooohooooo!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristina, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. It just sucks. You are in my thoughts and prayers that something good will come along soon. You need a break. E-mail me anytime. CPL160@aol.com ((((( )))))