My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My van

So now here's the bad news. My van is dying. My brother came to look at it yesterday and it is not looking good. My nephew has loaned me his truck for a few days (Thanks Evan). The girls are with their Dad this week (camping in Minnesota, ugh) so that helps a little. My brother is having a friend of his over to the apartment tomorrow to take a look and see if he can fix it. If he can't I may need another van. The problem is that my credit sucks with the foreclosure on it. And I'm not going to get anything for the van. So I need to find a place that is willing to lend me the money to purchase a van with nothing down and less than $200 a month. I'm not sure that place exists. I don't know what the hell to do. I was already looking at getting a part-time job on the weekends that Patrick has the girls to help make ends meet. Now I will definitely need to do that just to help pay for another vehicle. Notice that I did not say "new". No way I can afford new. I need something in the $8000 range. Crap. Crap. and more crap.

No comments: