My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My article

I completed my article. Can I tell you the thrill I got by hitting the send button to the editor of the magazine? I'm just hoping she likes it. I could have written 12 pages. Trying to limit it to 1000 words was really hard. I'm kind of wordy when I talk. Even more so when I write. My article is on finding the right childcare center for your child. I've been doing childcare for years now. Truly I love my job. And the place I work at is really great. I just wish I got paid a bit more money and had some benefits such as health insurance. I like the people I work with. And I have a great class. It's been nice to find a place to stay at. It will be one year in March. Interesting when I talk to people I haven't seen in awhile. I usually get the same question-"where do you work now?" I may have hopped around a bit but it took awhile to find a place that fit. My boss has been so wonderful about me being a single parent. She is understanding. And my girls like coming with me to work in the morning. The best part has been my shift switch. I now work 7:30 to 3:30. The girls come with me to work in the morning and have breakfast. That means one less meal to worry about! At 8:30 I take my lunch break and drive my girls to school. I don't take a lunch break in the afternoon. My boss lets me take a 10 to fix my lunch and then I just eat at naptime. By 3:30 I am done. I leave to pick up the girls from school and we are finished! I used to work until 5:30-6 p.m. Now having that extra 2 plus hours in the evening has made a huge difference in my family life. My girls aren't tired anymore. We are done with homework and dinner by 6. I can't begin to tell you how life changing this is!!

Next on the horizon is to move! I took this apartment last year very quickly. With the foreclosure I didn't get much time to vacate my old house. This place was available and didn't take much money upfront to get into. It hasn't been too bad. It's just that we are on the second floor and it is almost impossible to keep the girls quiet so as not to bother our neighbor. I want to move closer to the girls' school and to work. I want to find something on the first floor. So that is my next challange. I want to do this right so that the girls and I can stay for awhile. Someplace to start growing roots.

No comments: