My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Nephew's Graduation


Evan graduated high school.  The Little Guy.  Mighty Mouse.  Evan Schmvan with the Meatball Butt.  I can't believe it.  Where did the time go?  That amazing little man that I held for the first time almost 18 years ago.  The little boy I took everywhere.  To Minnesota and Canada.  Movies.  Dinner.  Shopping.  Sleepovers.  That amazing little boy that had my heart from day one.  He is now ready to go to college. 

I often feel badly that once Megan came I didn't quite have so much time for him.  Then when Abby, Brigid, and Caroline came, Evan had to go to the end of the line.  I missed a lot of his growing up time.   Lost track of some of his life as he got older.  There is always guilt.  (I'm me.  Can't help it).

I think Evan is an amazing young man.  He leaves for college in August.  EKU.  He'll be hours away.  And I will feel sad that he is gone.  I think this young man will go far if he sets his mind to it. Farther than I think he is aware of.  That old cliche holds true: 

Evan, the world is your oyster.

FYI:  Evan graduated on June 5th. What would have been my Dad's 72nd birthday.  I know Papa was beaming from Heaven. 

Congrats.  I love you.


Getting ready to go onstage.


Brigid


Brigid in back, Marissa, Ana, and Abby


Getting engraved dog tags


Evan, Ana, and Erik-such a beautiful family (Cindy, where in the heck were you in this pic?)


Megan, Evan, me, Brigid, Abigail, and Caroline 
(poor Megan always looks so cute in her pics and then there are the squirrelly girls)

No comments: