My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm sick again!

This has been a rough summer for me in terms of sickness.  I can't believe that I can't shake this cold I have.  I've had two stomach viruses and now this.  I need to go back to the dr. to have labs run but trying to to find the time to go is almost impossible.  I'm shooting for next Saturday morning but my guess is they won't be open because it's Labor Day weekend.  I can't stand being sick. I don't have the time to be sick.  If i get sick then everything stops.  There is no one to come throw in a load of laundry for me.  No one to cook dinner, do dishes, etc.  I handle it all on my own.  It's just that when I'm sick it makes it so much harder to do all those things.  And yet they still get done.

I'm burning the candles at both ends.  Friday night Megan had a long promised slumber party at our house.  She ended up inviting 7 other girls which put my total at 11 girls.  It really was a lot of fun.  My friend Shannon stayed around until almost 10 p.m.  It was nice to talk with her almost uninterrupted.  I really like having kids at my house all the time.  I always wanted to be the Mom that had the kid house in the neighborhood.  Next Friday is the Camp Rock 2 viewing party at my house too.  This time it is not a slumber party.  Kids can come over, eat snacks, watch the movie, and then leave. 

Yesterday we went to Elsbeth and Jeremy's house to help them out a bit with moving into their very first house.  I don't know how much help I was but it sure was fun to be there in setting up their first house.  It is so sweet to watch this young, newly married couple start the life together.  Makes me a little wistful to be back at that time again.  Yet I wouldn't trade where I am at for anything. 

1 comment:

Jen T said...

You are always so upbeat and positive! Thank you so much for blogging. You have so many things going on in your life, but you still stay positive no matter how tiring it can become. It helps me to put things in perspective and to try to have a better outlook. You're great! Feel better soon!