My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm sitting here on Saturday evening and relaxing. I've got Return of the Jedi on the TV, a diet Dr. Pepper in my cup, and a bag of Doritos.  The washer and dryer are going, I've been grocery shopping, and it is quiet.  It's quiet not because my girls are with their Dad but because my friend Shannon is having a sleepover involving all FOUR of my girls!  A very unexpected happening.  This morning the girls and I attended the preschool graduation at my school for 12 very special kiddos going off to Kindergarten. It was bittersweet.  Ms. Kimmerle, the pre-kindergarten teacher, has decided to persue her Masters degree in Applied Behavioral Analysis.  I wish her well but will miss her terribly.  After the graduation we headed to the St. Matthews Fire House for a birthday party for Colin, who turned 5.  It was wonderful!  The girls got a tour of the station and the fire trucks.  Shannon was at the party with her girls and asked if my girls wanted to come to a sleepover.  So now I have a free evening.

We've been so busy this summer I hardly have time to update my blog.  We've been to Calypso Cove, birthday parties, and any event related to school.  School starts Tuesday for the girls.  Fifth grade for Megan and second grade for Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline.  I'm excited for them but not looking forward to the homework.  I love that when we are done with work at 3:30 we come home and have the whole afternoon free.  We go to the pool and hang out with friends.  Once homework starts that will limit things.  Megan is already signed up for an afterschool activity.  She will be participating in Girls on the Run.  It's a non-competitive running program that focuses on self-esteem, exercise, running, and positive body image.  I'm thrilled for Megan.  The trio will be in Girl Scouts this year as well.  Brownies.  Or as the little girl that inspired my Caroline's name : "Bwownies".

Here are some pictures to highlight our summer:


Happy 7th Birthday Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline!


Christmas in July at Calypso Cove Waterpark at the Northeast YMCA

Our day of fun in June at Target Brigid, Caroline, Abigail, and Megan

Happy 4th of July Abby, Brigid, and Caroline

Megan waiting for funnel cakes at the 4th of July picnic

Brigid,  No other explanation needed

Caroline after an exhausting day

me (and my fat ass) at Deam Lake for Megan's 10th birthday, Caroline, Brigid, Abby, and Megan

Abby at Deam Lake

Megan's 10th birthday with our friends
11 kids and three adults

Brigid and Megan at Waterfront Park

After splashing at Waterfront Park the girls pose with singers from the Stephen Foster Show
Caroline and Brigid

Abby and Brigid at Waterfront Park with Caroline climbing in the background
Caroline
because sometimes you've just got to let the spirit move you

Megan at Waterfront Park

No comments: