My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My run

I did it!  I did my first walk/run combo for 30 minutes and 1 mile and a half!!!!  I hurt everywhere!  I feel good though.  I realize that I need to keep going but I'm excited that I actually did my first one. 

Here's an image for you: 

I get to Seneca Park where everyone in Louisville decided to go and run this morning. Great.  Now I get to look foolish in front of people.  I started out with a brisk 5 minute walk.  So far so go.  Then I have to run for 60 seconds. I start.  Oh my hell was that rough!  All 180 lbs of me hurtling down the jogging path complete with wheezing and coughing.  Longest 60 secs. of my life.  Thank goodness I get to walk for 90 secs. before the next run. 

By the time I got to my third one I was saying out loud, "Oh my Lord."  I got a funny look from a guy who looks like he runs everywhere from his bed to the bathroom to the kitchen.  But I kept going. 

I even got a thumbs-up from two young guys!  Could be they were thrilled I hadn't passed out and they would have to do rescue breathing.

By the time I finished my thighs were throbbing and I had to pee.  The joys of a triplet/hysterectomy bladder. 

I had on a sports bra to keep the girls from bouncing everywhere.  My next thought is I woner if they make a sports holder for the triplet flap on my stomach.  That thing was bouncing so much I was afraid I was going to step on it while running.

 After the run I went into Walgreen's for the Sunday paper and then a quick drive through Starbucks for my earl grey tea latte.  Hey, a girl has to be rewarded for not having a heart attack right?

No comments: