My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Weekend

A pretty good weekend.  Yesterday we hung out and played.  My plan was to take the girls on a number of errands early Saturday morning.  The problem was when I got up  to go take a shower I did not have any clean underwear.  None.  Not even a cute pair of thong underwear (how's that for an image).  So instead of running errands we cleaned house while I did a load of the finest pairs of granny panties this side of the Mississippi.

Then  I might have had a slight (ok major) meltdown about the shape of this apartment. 

Does anyone here know how to put stuff away?

So I laid down the law.  Clean up or no outside time, friends time or a scheduled sleepover.  Amazing what a little motivation (and yelling) can accomplish. 

After, the girls went out to play.  I showered (cause that's how I roll) and got dressed.  I went to the neighbors' house to collect my girls.  I told them we were going errand running and my neighbors very kindly (and amazingly) watched my girls so I could grocery shop BY MYSELF!!  Woohoo!  I ended up with an hour and a half of kid-free shopping.

I came home, unloaded the groceries, and got the girls back.  Threw Megan in the shower and then drove her to her a sleepover for a friend's birthday.  While there my friend, S, was dropping off her oldest daughter.  I was going to take the trio out to dinner to KT's and invited S and her younger daughter too.  I had three free coupons for kids' meals and S had a coupon for a buy one/get one adult meal.  So for almost nothing we had dinner!  IT was lovely!  How nice it was to go out to dinner on a Saturday evening!  On occasions like that my Mom would always say, "I wonder what the RICH people are doing tonight!" 

After dinner S ran to her house to get her oldest's sleepover clothes (she didn't realize it was a sleepover) and I took the girls and her youngest to Conez and Coneyz for dessert.  Brigid won free ice cream from there on Friday night.  Right next door is Heine Bros. Coffee where Caroline won a $5 gift card.  So it was basically an almost free night!!

After saying goodbye to S and her daughter we came home, put jamas on, popped popcorn, and watched a movie. That is when Caroline said to me:

 "God is wonderful.  He created this lovely evening and he created our love!" 

Then she gave me a kiss!! That child is amazing!!!

 The girls slept on the couch in the living room. 

We got up this morning, went to pick up Megan, and went to a pancake breakfast at our church.  Megan and Abigail were wonderful during church.  When I complimented Abby she said:

 "That's because I like being with God."

I am amazed with the spirituality of my girls!!  After church we went to the pet store to buy bedding for the guinea pigs and then went to the mall.  My friend M had been telling me about a store called Glitter.  It has accessories for $1.  My girls thought it was super because I told them they each could pick out two things.  Any two things.  It's easy to be generous when it's only $1.

We came home and have been hanging out the rest of the day.

In other words,  a really wonderfully normal day.

No comments: