My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Miracles Do Happen

Miracles do happen.  They really do.   Yesterday I was frustrated.  Today I am stunned.  I believe that God works in ways we will never truly understand while we are here on this planet.

Today was the first Sunday of Sunday school for the girls.  This is a Sacremental year for Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline.  They will be taking their first Eucharist (Communion) in May.  I gave my ex the information for where to go today and drew a map.  I did this knowing that he would not take them.  I was hoping that he would.  He would not take Megan during her First Eucharist year.  He had told me that I couldn't dictate what he did with the girls on his Sundays.  So Megan went every other Sunday.  I did the extra work with her at home during the weeks that she did not go to Sunday school.  In five years the girls have gone to Sunday school
 every other weekend they were with me.

I got up this morning and got dressed.  I drove to church (late as usual) so that I could attend the parent meeting that was scheduled while Sunday school was going on.  I walked to the trio's class first to let the teacher know that the girls were not there and that I was.  I walked in the room and stopped dead.  There sitting in desks were Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline.  And there was my ex.  Taking notes as the teacher was talking.  I can tell you that I felt the spirit of God at that moment.  I wanted to go and hug my ex.  I was thrilled, stunned, overjoyed, and Blessed all at the same time. 

Do you understand how huge this was?!?

After the teacher dismissed the parents, Patrick walked with me to the cafeteria.  He sat next to me.  We listened and to be honest, I prayed.  Prayers of thankfulness.  Afterwards I introduced Patrick to the Pastoral minister and the minister in charge of children's programs.  He gave her is email address.  We talked.  The girls finished up.  And then they left with him. 

I stayed for Mass.  And I prayed.  And I prayed.  And I prayed.  This moment renewed my faith in God.  God really does work in mysterious ways. 

I am so thankful.

4 comments:

Just me said...

This is wonderful! :)

Kristina said...

Thank you! I am so happy!!!

Finnskimo said...

Yay, that is just so awesome. I am so happy you have this!

Now, God willing, its our turn. Sigh...

Kristina said...

I'm hoping it works for you too!