My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008



Brigie, Abby, and Caroline on Christmas morning. Megan is holding up her magical cookie creation for Santa Claus to eat on Christmas Eve. Notice her admiring sister, Brigid, in the corner of the pic. They girls had sooooo much fun making the gingerbread house and cookies. It was fun because Lisa and I just put out the stuff on the table and let the girls create. There was no arguing and everyone was sharing. One of those rare and magical days that make me so thankful for this gift from God called Motherhood.

No comments: