My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday, Jan 10, 2008

Well I have been gone awhile. I was having trouble logging on to here to post but have it fixed now. Lots going on at home as always. Some of the bigger stuff I will elaborate on at another time. We painted pictures today. I painted big signs with the girls names on them so they can see their names when they are drawing. I hung them up in the dining room and now it is starting to look like a school.

Megan and Brigie have been sick. Since Brigie is on antibiotics full-time I do not think it was strep. It appears to have been some sort of virus. The bigger problem is that she has broken out into hives big time. She has them everywhere. The Claritin and Benedryl are not knocking them out. If they are not better tomorrow it will be another run to the dr. Bless her heart. She is so used to going lately that when she gets up in the morning she wonders which dr. she is going to see! Megs ran a slight fever Tues. evening. Enough to keep her home from school on Wed. This is a girl who hates to miss school. She has missed more this year so far than in all her years of school combined at Mother of Good Counsel. I fear the triplets will have a big problem when they start Kindergarten next year.

I did have to post two funny things that Megan and Abby said recently. Lisa and I have been trying to work with them to get them to stop sucking their thumbs. Megan is better about it during the day. Abby was sitting on her bed in her room by herself. When I came in and asked what she was doing she said, "I guess it is time to get rid of Mousey." I asked why she would need to get rid of Mousey as this is her FAVORITE lovey. She said, "Whenever I hold Mousey I want to suck my thumb. Since I have to stop sucking my thumb, I have to get rid of Mousey." She was in deep contemplation about this too. I assured her that she could still keep Mousey anyway. She sighed and simply replied, "I don't know." Too cute.

The girls have been talking a lot about angels. Megan insists that she is seeing glimpses of them everywhere. We were sitting at dinner and Megan asked if there was an adoption center in Heaven. I asked her why she wanted to know. She asked if babies that are born here and die go to Heaven. I said of course. She wanted to know who would take care of the babies when they got to Heaven. Then she said that if babies go to Heaven and become angel babies they would need someone to take care of them and if there was an adoption center there then other angels could adopt them and take care of them. Very deep discussion.

It's 10:05 p.m. and I still haven't done dishes from dinner. So I must go upstairs and become domestic, if even for only a little while.

No comments: