My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Returning to Post

I am finally finding the time to sit down and get back to updating this post. Life has been good. Stressful as always. And I sure do wish I could win the lottery.

Lisa and I are continuing to fix up the house. The garage is now clear enough to pull my van into. I still have some organizational stuff to do in there. One of which is to get our draft corner more organized. That way Lisa and I both have a place to sit and craft without worrying about making too much mess. The backyard looks amazing. I've done lots of edging, weed-pulling, and mulching. Lisa continues to work on getting all the primer up on our shutters and front door. as soon as we are done I will post before and after pics. I still need to paint my room. I'm tired of looking at moose and canoes. lol And I need to paint the family room. Just takes time to do it all.

The girls just came back from spending a week with their Dad in St. Louis. The girls were excited to be with him for a week and it sounds like they really enjoyed being there. The went up in the Arch and everything. They stayed with their Dad's fiancee. The girls seem to be fond of her. I've not had much dealing with her so I have yet to form an opinion. Of course it is the girls' opinion that matters most to me. As long as she is kind to them and they love her then I am ok. The only problem I have is that their Dad took them to St. Louis and didn't notify me until they were all the way there. This is the third time he has done that. And he will not give me contact info while he is there. So basically last week I had no idea where my children were. I sent a letter to him via email and to his attorney but of course never heard back. And I really don't like the fact that when they came to pick up the girls Megan asked if they were going to Susan's house. She replied that they were not. So she lied to my face about were the girls were going. Pat even had his car already in St. Louis. So the plans were there along. I have nothing against this person but I have to admit it leaves me with a not so great opinion of her and her moral compass if she can lie to my face about my children.

But enough about that. We are busy getting things ready for Sat. We are celebrating the girls birthdays on Sat. They are so excited and have given me a looonnnggg list of what they want. They are most certainly not getting everything on the list though. lol

We turned in their reading lists to the library yesterday. For reading ten books each they got a guitar shaped backpack, coupons to the art museum, a Louisville Bats game, Squire Boone Cavern, a free Wendy's frosty, a tour of the Thomas Edison house, and tickets to six different UofL sporting events. I intend for us to use all the coupons. Abby, Brigie, and Caroline each got a free t-shirt too that says, "I'm going to Kindergarten!" They are so physched. Me too. I can't believe that we made it through the first five years. Of course I haven't raised teenage triplets but I truly believe birth to 5 years has to be the hardest. That first year was a killer!!

Brigid is already reading some and doing inventive spelling. She floors me with what she knows. She writes her first and last name and the first names of everyone here at home. She reads signs, coupons, TV info, etc. She is just like Megan. Brigie will be reading books well by Christmas.

Caroline has become a bit sassy. My once sweet, compliant little one has gotten quite a mouth on her. But it is still funny. She is obsessed as ever with care bears, Ella the cat, and dots. Anything with dots on it. She refers to Ella as "the golden dotted one." She loves to have words spelled out for her. And she can count to 100.

Abby has just become the sweetest little girl. She still has a temper like nobody's business. But it fires up quick and goes back down just as quickly. She is not as interested in writing as the other two are. But she is quite proud of herself because she can write I Love You by using the letter I, drawing a heart, and writing the letter U. She walks around all day giving everyone these little notes.

Megan is doing so much better after having had just a few visits with the therapist. The hitting has slowed down a great deal. the name calling and bullying is still there but to a lesser degree. And I am able to talk to her when she starts the bullying so that she can calm herself down and stop. She will be in third grade this year. Can you believe it? She wanted to have Mr. Ice again this year but he got a job promotion. So I have asked that Megan be placed in a 3/4 split so she can continue to work above grade level. She is just so damn smart that it is scary. And I am as always just so dang proud of her. :)

Lisa had to have a tooth pulled about two weeks ago. She and I were both worried that pain medicine was going to be involved. She was given just a few but really handled it beautifully. She seems to really have put most of her addiction into the past. Some days it is a struggle but she takes everything one day at a time. That's all any of us can do. She continues to work at Papa Murphy's.

Lisa and I were painting the shutters out front about 2 weeks ago. We were using a dark blue primer for them. I was holding the ladder for her but she kept dripping primer on me. As I was complaining rather loudly she picked up her brush and deliberately dribbled paint on my head. This of course meant war. I grabbed the paint sprayer, aimed at her head, and fired. She looked like a speckled mess. I can tell you that by the time she got down from the ladder paint was flying everywhere. By the time we stopped we had paint in our ears, mouth and teeth, through my shirt, in my belly button, and pretty much everywhere else. I looked like I was wearing blue evening gloves. When all the fun was stopped we realized that we had paint all over our sidewalk and grass. And the worst part: all over our neighbor's driveway. So there were two women in their 40s knocking on our neighbors door, covered, in paint, and apologizing for the mess. I felt like I was 10 years old. He laughed quite loudly and told us we were fine. But we did spend 2 HOURS scrubbing his driveway before we got all the paint up. What a mess. And what an embarrassment for the two grown women here. But I will tell you had a blast and that was truly one of the best ways I ever blown off steam.

We took the girls strawberry picking up at Huber's about 3 weeks ago. It was a beautiful day in the 70s. Caroline ate more than she picked but boy was that fun. We are now trying to find a place to pick blue and black berries.

Our next job is to try and join the YMCA. With the new water park they have just opened it would be the perfect place to take the girls. I'm going to try and go through the Spirit program again where they base it on income. Then hopefully I can go and work out there too.

On the relationship front. I've recently ended a friendship with someone that I was head over heels in love with. Most people who know me do not know about this friendship for various reasons. I finally ended it because it was unable to utter 3 small words. So I have moved on. But not without a lot of sad feelings and an incredible amount of hurt. Hopefully this person will be able to redefine his life and figure out what he wants in this word. If its me, great, if not then I wish him well.

I've recently met someone on a dating site called plenty of fish. It is a free local site and I really like it. I've meet some nice email pals there. I am communicating right now with a high school chemistry teacher. I am definitely smitten by the emails and I think we are going to take the next step and meet. Keep your fingers crossed, I am definitely intrigued by this one. :)

Megan has created and is in charge of her own blog. you have got to check it out. The address is

Too darn adorable!!!

Chat Later,



No comments: