My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Speed Art Museum

Caroline during her creative moments.













The girls finished their reading logs for the library. So I took them a few weeks ago to get their prizes. They got a lot of coupons to use at different museums and sporting events around Louisville. Last Tuesday (with a broken ankle no less) I took the girls to the Speed Art Museum. We walked around the museum looking at lots of different things. Megan enjoyed all the nude art. Being an almost 3rd grader gave her lots of reasons to giggle uncontrollably at any nude figure. Gee whiz. All four really liked the ancient art B.C. That's my favorite too. I was an art history major for about a year at U of L before I decided to switch to teaching. That was the area I was going to go into. So I gave the girls lots of background info about the ancient art. After we finished that we went to the basement to Art Sparks. This is an interactive playroom. The girls loved it!! They spent so much time in the creative art room.


Brigid and Abigail are at their creative best.


This is Megan working on her art piece. Abby is behind her and Caroline is painting her work. This is Megan with her finished piece.

Abby doing her America's Next Top Model pose. They had a 16th century Dutch ship and kitchen to play in at Art Sparks too. Abby, Brigie, and Megan.

















Caroline inside the Native American dramatic play area. I like this one.




Brigid in the preschool room. Brigid loves working with her hands.


No comments: