My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday

Another beautiful Bible study with Jeremiah and Cassie!  I feel such peace when I get together with them and talk about God.  Such peace.  It's like all the worries of my life disappear for 2 hours while we study the word of God.  My life, my week, comes together at that time.  It's amazing how the one thing, theme I am struggling with gets answered in 2 hours on Sunday evening.  My gratitude (there it is again!) will never be fully expressed in how thankful I am for Jeremiah and Cassie!!

I had a surprise visit from Liz today.  She is the daughter of Brigid's Godparents.  When I heard the doorbell ring I knew it was the girls coming back early.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to see Liz!  We had a lovely visit where I found out she is engaged!!  Woohoo!!  Congrats Liz and John!!!  Fantastic!!!  And amazingly what did Liz bring me???  A cookbook called Dining on a Dime!!  Now how perfect is that????  Do you see how things come together?? 

Tonight we read Exodus 20- The Ten Commandments.  We read Exodus 20:17  "You shall not covet your neighbor's house.  You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male or female slave, nor his ox or ass, nor anything else that belongs to him."  This was in conjunction with Judges 21:25  "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what he thought best."  This has been my struggle this summer.  In Bible terms I have been coveting.  I see others' vacations, fabulous houses, dinners out, etc. and I covetted.  And I was doing what I thought was best.   But I have to realize that God will provide.  That I need to be grateful for what God has provided for me.  Isn't this amazing?  My whole internal struggle, the reason I left Facebook, was discussed tonight during our Bible Study.  Then look, Liz brings me a cookbook to handle my reduction in food stamps.  God is telling me not to worry, not to look for help in this world.  He will provide.  He provided through Jeremiah and Cassie.  He provided through Liz tonight. 

I can't begin to tell you how personal this evening was for me.  I just hope Jeremiah, Cassie, and Liz know how grateful I am for them.

God is good.

No comments: