My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

There goes my illusion of perfection...

No I don't have it all together.  I'm not the perfect person.  I just play one on TV.

I took the wrong kid to a therapy appointment today.  I thought I had Abby's name on the calendar.  It turns out it was supposed to be Megan.  Crap.  I was 20 minutes late to the appointment to start with because I worked late.  The morning started out bumpy at work.  I was told I was blunt.  Me?  Blunt?  Could be.  It's a trait I have developed over time from holding my opinions to long.  I spent a lot of years being a meek little mouse.  No more.  Divorce will do that to you.  So will the loss of your Mom, Dad, Sister, sanity, and dignity.  I've had to spend a lot of time fighting for myself and fighting for my kiddos. 

Blunt?  You betcha.  Thanks for the compliment.

My lovely neighbors offered to watch the other 3 kiddos so I could take Abby uninterrupted.  We get there and I discover it should have been Megan.  What a dumbass.  Me, I mean.  After lots of confusion and running around on the therapist's end, she met with us.  Fast forward to about 6:30 and Abby and I run to Target to look for a white button down shirt for Megan that I learn only yesterday she needs for her choir concert tomorrow evening.  And black pants.  Target had ONE shirt in a 6X.  So tomorrow afternoon after work I have to look for a shirt.

Double crap.

My neighbors fed my girls.  And me.  :)

We get home and then Millie and the Millers take over.  Oh you know them.  Those are the children who take over my house when I ask my girls to get ready for bed, school, church.  My girls MILL.  They mill instead of moving.  They mill in the living room, they mill in the micro-kitchen.  No one gets anything done.  Except for milling.  Which is usually followed by fighting.  Between Abby and Megan.  Tonight I told them to have at it.  When you are done killing each other let me know.  That stopped the fighting on Abby's end.  Not on Megan's.  Let's just say Megan is grounded from outside play until Sunday.

And I mean it.

 I think I like Millie Miller waaayyyy better than Muhammad Ali. 

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Some days are like this, aren't they? You have your hands full. I couldn't keep track of TWO kids, and they were opposite genders. I don't know how you do it.

One day all of you will laugh about this sort of thing.