My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Laundry

I suspect if I go back through the last 4 years on this blog I will find many posts about laundry.  It is so damn time consuming.  I'm overwhelmed by it.  My girls have been on this planet for 11 and 8 years.  Ever since they could understand I have tried to impress upon them just how much I hate laundry.  Therefore PLEASE only wear one outfit a day.  We are not hosting the Oscars so we do NOT need 5 outfit changes a day.   They are just not getting it.  I've spent the entire weekend doing laundry.  Including bed linens and I'm still not done.  By the way exactly why do we call them bed linens?  My sheets are not made of linen.  I should just refer to them as cheap ass cotton bed attire.  There.  That sounds better. 

How is it possible for 4 small young ladies to go through so much clothing???  I can give you a hint.  It's because those lovely young ladies hate cleaning anything up.  It's like asking them to do 45 math worksheets in an hour.  They moan and groan and bitch and complain.  So instead of cleaning up they take whatever is on the floor and put it in the dirty clothes thereby creating MOUNTAINS of laundry for me to do on the weekends. 

Ain't no mountain high enough?  Diana Ross never came to my house and saw the laundry baskets in the hallway.  There's a mountain that would keep her from her one true love.

I have so much laundry my children seem to mistake it for some cozy place to sleep.

Anyway I am tired of doing laundry.  I have decided that when I win the lottery or when I marry Brad Pitt I am going to hire a laundry person whose sole job will be to wash the laundry, fold the laundry, and put it away.  The only thing I want to do with my laundry is wear it.

Of course only ONE outfit a day.  I don't want to wear my laundry doer out. 

No comments: