My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Derby Festival Tea

I won tickets to the Derby Festival Children's Tea party that was this past Sunday 4-18-10.  Megan and I had a blast.  She was a little overwhelmed at first because when you first come in you are handed a tiara and wand along with a small bag filled with trinkets, a notebook, and pen.  Everywhere you looked there where girls in the finest party wear.  As girly as Megan can be she is still somewhat a tomboy.  So much tulle!!!  The Derby Festival princesses where there as was the Derby Queen.  Megan got all of their autographs and a photo sitting with the Queen, whose name was Megan as well.  All the children were seated together and all the adults were seated together.  I kept laughing to myself because I'm sitting at this table with all these stay-at-home Moms who can afford to drop $50-100 dollars on tea party tickets.  Oh, if they only knew!  During the tea party every child in there got to walk the runway.  As Megan walked the runway they said something to the effect that she was in 4th grade at her school and her hobbies were cheerleading AND...horseback riding.  Poor Megan.  she really does want to ride horses again.  I keep saying I'm going to try and find a way to pay for her to take lessons but that always seems to take a back seat to something else.  We did enjoy ourselves and it was nice to have some one-on-one time with Megs.

Megan and I with the Derby Festival princesses

Megan with the Derby Festival Queen, also named Megan

The beautiful table settings

Getting ready to walk the runway

My pretty girl

As long as I was taking Megan's picture, I figured it was my turn!!

No comments: