My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

My musical choices

I chose each and every song on here because they mean something deeply to me.  Sometimes when I'm on here I don't pay attention to the songs simply because I hear them a lot.  But this morning while on here I listened closely to the song by Elton John "You'll be Blessed".  This song reminds me of Megan.  I used to pray many times a day to God to Bless us with a child.  I really didn't care what that child looked liked, if it was a boy or girl.  I just knew that child would be loved beyond all measure.  EJ says "you're eyes might be green or the bluest that I've ever seen. But I promise you this, you'll be Blessed."  I still tear up at this line.  Funny that Megan has brown eyes!  So if you are on here reading my posts take a moment and listen to the songs.  Even to this day those songs can bring tears to my eyes.  And they are always tears of joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your blog!!!