My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Red Robin

I got my first check yesterday for my article I wrote for Today's Family.  It just was so amazing that I got paid for my words; that someone really thought my written words meant something.  I hope I can keep it going.  It's a complete high!  I promised the girls that I would take them out to the restaurant of their choice for dinner.  They chose Red Robin.  After a looonnnggg day of trying to at least unpack the kitchen and living room, we showered and headed off.  The first problem was that we had to wait to get a table.  That's NEVER a good idea with four kids.  By the time we got to sit down I had been crawled on, jumped on, ran into, and whined at.  Sometimes watching the girls interact with each other is like watching a basket full of puppies.  Or a box of silk worms (the girls have been learning about silk worms in class).  They are just everywhere.  The girls and the silkworms.   I was amazed at how much whining took place today.  I really anticipated a nice day of unpacking and the girls playing without fear of my telling them to be quiet.  That's the nice thing about this townhome.  No need to have quiet feet on the floor because no one lives below us anymore.  But the whines just kept on coming.  They came all through dinner.  The server forgot our chips and salsa so by the time dinner was brought out the girls had just had enough.  At least dinner was delish.  Brigid enjoyed the mac n cheese so much she licked the bowl.  Megan ate her entire burger.  Caroline and Abby ate like birds.  The usual.  Here are some pics of my crazy girls at dinner:


The crew at dinner.  You can tell by the faces the kind of night I had.  The top of Caroline's head is visible to the left just above the table.  She would not hold still for any picture.


Proof that Caroline was at dinner


No Caroline put the balloon down!

Will you girls please hold still?

some pictures defy explanation

Ok Megan- Smile!

Hooray!  Caroline's holding still!

No comments: