My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Feeling Better

I definitely am a talk it out kind of girl.  Just putting my ideas down on paper computer screen makes me feel better.  My life is always a struggle.  Some days finding my gratitude is hard.  The closest I can come up with is that I got up and breathed. 

I woke up this morning with a headache.  It happens every so often.  I worry that I have a chiari like Brigid and Caroline because of the way my headaches come on in the morning and they often start in the back of my head and travel forward.  It was another tough day at work.  We are Blessedly full with a waiting list but that is making our daily work much harder.  Our teachers have been hit with a lot of sickness lately.  Lots of throwing up.  That is definitely a risk we take in working with little kids.  After 20 some odd years working with kids I am lucky as I have a pretty good immunity built up against a lot of illness.  When teachers are out it falls on the rest of us to pick up the slack.  Again it's something we deal with in working in a small center.

 By the end of the day today my headache had reached epic proportions.  I KNEW something has been up this week because usually several days before the really bad headache I am unbelievably tired.  I left work and sat in my van in tears.  My head hurt so bad!!  I drove to the Walmart grocery store and got fried chicken, cole slaw, mac and cheese, and yogurt for dinner.  I tried really hard not to throw up in the car.

(I am getting somewhere with this story.  I promise.  I'm just wordy.)

I came home and told the girls I was going to lay down with the heating pad.  Here's where my gratitude comes in.  Megan told the girls to let me lay on the couch, Brigid turned the TV down, and Megan got to work in the kitchen making the mac and cheese and getting dinner ready.  She made sure every girl in the house had a dinner plate, took the dog potty, and let me fall asleep.  I sleep for about 45 minutes on the couch surrounded by Petey the dog, Ella the cat, Brigid, Abigail, and Megan while Caroline cozied on the love seat.  Wow.  How can I NOT feel gratitude for having such amazing kids???? 

Tomorrow I may want to scream when I go upstairs and clean their bedrooms.  These are girls who cut their own hair, put chapstick on their butts, play kick the 'gina, and fight with each other.  They are just kids.  But tonight I got a vision of the amazing young ladies I am raising and I KNOW God is at work in our house.   Like my friends Cassie and Jeremiah remind me of all the time:  God works.  God cares.  The Lord provides. 

No comments: