My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Friday, December 30, 2011

I fell asleep tonight on the couch.  Cuddled with the dog.  While watching Twilight.  Megan was on a date.  No not really.  Had you worried didn't I?  My boss took her to go see Warhorse.  Megan loved it!!  I'm glad that my boss and Megan got the chance to hang out together and see a movie about horses.  I couldn't take the trio to see it.  Too long and not enough cartoon.  :)  I had visions of myself sitting on that couch not too far off in the distant future waiting for Megan to come home from a date.  Not sure I liked it! 

Today was a long day.  Still issues at work.  I still don' think I'm cut out for this.  The best part of the job is getting to interact with all the kiddos.  I really love that part of my job.  I love being with kids.  Kids are much easier to handle than adults.  No hidden agendas.  No gossip.  What you see is what you get.  I LOVE talking with parents about their most favorite little people.  I know I picked the right profession.  Just not sure I'm cut out to handle being the boss. 

We've been pretty busy here in the last several weeks.  Poor Abby cried everyday this week that we weren't getting home in time for her to play with her friends before it got dark.  Finally today it was sunny and we got home at a decent time and then her friends weren't home!!  That poor kid!  So I've promised that we will not go anywhere this weekend so she can play.  Works for me.  I'll be buried under piles of laundry anyway. 

I'm back on a diet plan.  Again.  Here's hoping I can stick to it.  Waaayyyy too much junk food at work this holiday season.  Plus my boss and a few other teachers want to do a Biggest Loser contest.  I'm thinking if we are able to help each other out then maybe this will work.  That and public humiliation with having our weights posted for all of SMCDC to see.  We rented Just Dance 3 from Red Box tonight and I got a really good work out from that.  The girls and I had fun doing it.  One thing is for sure.  I have absolutely no coordination!   I imagine it must be painful to watch me dance.  That's ok.  Poor Caroline is exactly like me.  It's a wonder that we don't injure each other when we dance.

Nothing exciting or epic today.  I kinda like it that way.

Catch you here tomorrow.  Same Bat time.  Same Bat channel.  (good grief.  What a dork.)

No comments: