My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I found my Gratitude

I woke up at 3 a.m. with two very vivid dreams.  One about my Mom and one about my niece, Ana.  The first thing I did (well after going potty,  I did carry triplets and the ol' bladder ain't what she used to be), was to email my niece and apologize for being so wrapped up in my own misery that I have neglected her. 

Then a funny thing happened.  I found my gratitude.  I started typing my gratitude list last night with the idea that there had to be SOMETHING I was grateful for. The first line comes from this book Cassie gave me to read, Same Kind of Different as Me.   A homeless alcholic was grateful that he woke up everyday so that made him happy.  After spending about 15 minutes I realize that I have soooooo much to be grateful for!  It might not be the level that someone who makes a million dollars a year and lives in a spectacular life kind of grateful.  But it is MY grateful.

Facebook has this new thing where it shows you your status update from a year ago.  Here's mine:

Kristina Jorgensen Harrigan
Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone... to bring you flowers."- Veronica A. Shoffstall Amen to that!!
 
How fitting that I see this at 3 a.m.  If you don't believe that God doesn't show you things in his own time then this should prove it.  I had two bad dreams.  I wake up to find that statement right there.  At 3 a.m.  Did I mention that already?  Why on earth would anyone just randomly wake up and see that very statement that I have been struggling with for weeks???  Why now? 
 
Because God has a plan for all of us!!!!  "The will of God will never lead you where the Grace of God can't keep you." 
 
Yes!!!!
 
I have more Grace than most people!  How else could I survive??  Because the Grace of God is with me.  Everyday!  Every second of every day.
 
Thank you God for your amazing Blessings.  For my children.  I mean really.  How lucky can one person get in a lifetime??  I struggled for YEARS and prayed every second for God to give me a child.  And what did he do?  He gave me FOUR! 
 
God is good. 

No comments: