My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Yep.

This is what happens what fat people exercise:


I've been walking with my neighbor/co-worker every evening after work.  We started maybe a month and a half ago.  About 3 weeks ago while walking with Cassie I felt a strange pop/burning sensation.  The next day my right ankle was swollen.  I walked on that thing for 3 WEEKS limping and feeling a lot of popping and burning.  My foot continued to swell.  Wednesday after work, while getting out of my van, I stepped wrong on that same foot and knew something was wrong.  Still I went to work yesterday.  By last night I couldn't stand the pain and swelling anymore.  So I loaded up 4 girls and off we went to the ER.  Since I don't have health insurance and could not get into the health clinic, I have learned that the ER has to treat you.  Since I don't make a lot, I usually get some sort of financial aid to cover the bill.  4 different x-rays of that ankle came back with the diagnosis.  Broken.  I've been walking on a broken foot for 3 weeks.  Geez.  So now I look fabulous in my crutches and splint. 

You know how I've always described a definition of hell?  Grocery shopping with 4 children.  I have a new definition of hell.  Grocery shopping with kids while driving one of those electric carts.  I ran over Abby's foot.  I almost ran over Brigid.  Words cannot describe what it was like.  Let's just say that I would rather have a root canal.  Without Novocaine. 

I'm supposed to stay completely off that foot.  No weight-baring at all.  So I went to work today and walked on it all day.  I'm too big for crutches.  Now I get to go to my 25th high school reunion with my foot in a splint/cast and on crutches.  There goes the heels. 

Think I could wear my tennis shoe with my dress?



No comments: