My Life in a Nut Shell

3 surgeries for Endometriosis, countless medications, and lots of difficult years trying to conceive. We put the medical stuff on hold and decided to work on being parents instead. In July of 2000 we were blessed beyond all measure with a phone call announcing the birth of our daughter, Megan. Megan's birth mother had given birth the day before and was leaving the hospital. We had no warning that Megan was coming. At 4:29 in the afternoon we were a couple, at 4:30 we were parents. Deciding that we wanted a sibling for Megan, we looked into all our options. This time insurance covered IVF. One round and we were blessed with triplets, Abigail, Brigid, and Caroline. Did you know that there is a 70% chance of divorce in families of Higher Order Multiples? Almost two years after the triplets were born my ex-husband and I separated and eventually divorced. During that time both my Mother and Father passed away from cancer. In February of 2007 my sister came to live with us to help out. In December of 2008 she had to leave so now it is me on my own with the girls. In February 2010, Lisa passed away and finally found her own Peace.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Much better today

Today ended up being a much easier day than I thought.  Things flowed pretty smoothly at work.   If nothing else the kiddos at my preschool certainly make me laugh!!  We have a new teacher at our school and she is marvelous!  We also hired another teacher yesterday only to have her quit in one day.  I've been at the same place for 2 1/2 years already.  I always said I needed to find a place to stand still for awhile and I have.  It's just been frustrating to have so many young people start at this job and then quit.  No warning, no notice, nothing.  I guess because I finally realize that my children depend on me to stay at my job.  No matter how frustrated I get or how bad a day I have, I still get up the next morning and go to work.  My family depends on it.  My boss depends on me.

  I'm thankful that I have a boss who is so flexible with my schedule.  How many bosses do you know that would let an employee take TWO lunch breaks everyday for 3 weeks so their child can go to Arabic camp?  Kristen never once complained.  Not once.   I may not have health insurance or sick leave, but  the flexibility with my schedule is HUGE.  That's why I don't understand people just quitting. 

Another thing I don't understand is the type of person like the young lady who called today asking if we were hiring.  First off, my Dad taught me that when cold calling, you should give your name first.  Not just say,  "Are you hiring?" Second, don't say I will only work for this dollar amount.  She quoted a dollar amount that was well above what I make.  I explained that I am assistant manager and don't make that amount.  Her response?  "Well I have my CDA and I'm working towards my Bachelor's degree.  I explained that I have my MASTER'S degree and still don't make that amount. So she hung up.

I think I'll call the mayor tomorrow.  I'll tell him I want a job and want to make $200,000 a month.  When he says no then I'll say well I have my Master's degree so pay me that and more.

 Good frickin'grief.

My girls came home this afternoon and cleaned the playroom AND the living room.  Why you may ask?  Because I dangled a little carrot in front of them. You know the one.  You may sleep downstairs in front of the TV tonight if you help out.  There was no arguing, no yelling, just complete kindness and busy-ness.  I love my girls.  :)

After dinner, Megan went to ask the girls if they could spend the night tomorrow night.  They are our neighbor girls. Megan took Caroline and Abigail with.  Two minutes later they come busting through the door with a good piece of news.  Someone from the trio's class has moved in 4 doors down from us.  The family is officially from Nigeria.  So I spent a good half hour outside visiting with the Dad and the little girl.  She then came inside and played with the girls.

I love where I live.  And that is just so wonderful.

Today I found my gratitude.  And I feel fucking fantastic inside. Hello gratitude.  It's been awhile.  I'm glad you are here.  I hope you stay for a llllooooonnnnnnggggg time.

No comments: